Murder Most Unladylike

Murder Most Unladylike - Robin  Stevens 'Murder Most Unladylike' is a quick and simple read. At least to me as an adult. I can think of several students who I would have recommended this to while I was teaching. The language is straight forward and accessible thanks to the first person narrative. The story is paced nicely and I like how it is broken up into parts. This is particularly useful for children that don't have great attention spans. Rather than getting lost in long chapters or elongated scenes, the story is fast paced and engaging. Perfect!

To begin with I wasn't really sure if a murder had taken place. I thought perhaps the girls were just reading into things incorrectly but then there was another one! Oh and, I did not guess the murderer at all. That reveal came as a complete surprise to me. There was a moment where I was worried it was going to go down the dreaded teacher-student affair route (it didn't thankfully!).

Small note for Kindle readers - there are times where images of a notebook are included and they appear small and hard to read. A smidge annoying but doesn't take away from overall enjoyment of the story.

This review is also featured on my blog and includes more details on what I highlighted while reading and why.

4stars